Thursday, July 23, 2009

Empty

In the past month I've been a part of some really interesting conversations.

One of them was with a person who has worked so hard to become the best of the best in his field, only to discover that what they were striving for didn't give them the fulfillment that they were looking for. Now this person is off planing their next adventure because maybe that will provide the fufillment they can't find in their current job.

Another involves a friend who is constantly striving for the next new thing. The next new tatoo, piercing, job, school, purse. Each new thing is satisfying for a bit, but then that wears off and it is off to the next new thing.

There is this emptyness that we can't fill on our own. A sense of purpose that you can't find until you figure out that one thing you need. YOU NEED THIS.

Guys, I have the answer. I know what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment